ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT CONTROL AND SUSTAINABLE USE OF NATURAL RESOURCES – PRIORITIES FOR CLC
Within the framework of its Environment Policy, CLC monitors and controls the different environmental impacts that affect the Project.
These activities are encompassed in the Monitoring and Control Program conducted by the operation, the objectives of which are:
- To control the effectiveness of the protective and corrective measures established in the different projects, and the results obtained after the measures are applied.
- To verify that the environmental impacts produced are as forecast.
- To determine the evolution of the forecast impacts, according to the assessment made by the Environmental Impact Study.
- To control the generation of impacts that were difficult to estimate when the Environmental Impact Study was drawn up, such as those arising from restoration or mitigation that could appear throughout the Project’s life.
- To define monitoring responsibilities within the organizational system of CLC and its contractors.
The results of the Monitoring and Control Program are communicated regularly by CLC to the Environment Authority.
The following lines of actions controlled by the CLC Environment Department detail the environmental control and monitoring undertaken:
- Sustainable use of natural resources.
- Air quality.
- Water quality.
- Monitoring of compensatory measures.
- Progressive restoration
- Monitoring of land usage.
- Control of archeological sites. Download the book Intervenciones Arqueológicas en el Área del Proyecto Minero Cobre Las Cruces (1996-2011).