In Cobre Las Cruces, corporate social responsibility is based on continuous dialogue with neighbours and stakeholders in the vicinity of the mining complex, supporting their needs and priorities as far as possible
CLC’s objectives in corporate responsibility regarding community relations are:
- To establish and maintain effective communications with the local community and key stakeholders.
- To be ethical, transparent, consistent and proactive.
- Ensure suitable funding is committed to support appropriate community needs.
- Identify and support sustainable community development opportunities especially in the areas of environmental management and local employment.
- Foster local business opportunities.
- Participate in community forums, discussions, celebrations and formal activities.
- Work with a Community Advisory Panel to assist us in assessing the needs and priorities of the community.
- Communicate this policy to company employees, contractors, public administrations, suppliers and customers, and in general to all stakeholders in the Cobre Las Cruces mine.